Posted by andre with No Comments
Peter Berg’s Battleshiphas been cleared by Universal to set sail on Blu-ray and DVD beginning August 28.
Battleship is loosely based on the Hasbro tactical board game and stars Taylor Kitsch, Alexander Skarsgard, Brooklyn Decker, Rihanna, and Liam Neeson. Costing over $200 million or more to produce, it was released theatrically in May and ultimately succumbed under the pressure of Marvel’s The Avengers with only $64.3 million in domestic box office dollars. Internationally it fared better with $300 million worldwide.
The Blu-ray of Battleship is a combo pack with DVD, UltraViolet and a digital copy, and will be presented in 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio with D-BOX Motion Code. Bonus features are extensive and include the following:
- Alternate Ending Pre-visualization with commentary by Peter Berg
- The Visual Effects of Battleship – From ground-breaking water-simulation programs to cutting-edge motion capture, see how the team at Industrial Light & Magic pushes the boundaries of visual effects to bring the aliens to life.
- All Access with Director Peter Berg – Join director Peter Berg as he gives fans an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- USS Missouri VIP Tour – Come aboard the historic “Mighty Mo” for an exclusive tour with director Peter Berg and actual Navy veterans as they reveal some of the coolest facts and amazing action that has graced the decks of this legendary ship.
- Commander Pete – Watch as director Peter Berg energizes the cast and crew with his endless enthusiasm and relentless good humor.
- With UNIVERSAL’S SECOND SCREEN, viewers canenjoy an innovative and interactive viewing experience, that allows them to control, interact and explore Battleship with groundbreaking features right on a networked tablet or computer, in synchronization with the movie on the television screen! While the movie plays, experience features such as:
- Alien Tech 3D Model Turntable Explosions: During the movie, 3D models of the aliens and the shredder become available to the user to view at various angles. For instance, as the user turns the Regent Alien, the armor flies off in parts and then re-assembles. (Exclusive to Second Screen.)
- All Access with Director Peter Berg: Viewers get an all access look at the making of the film featuring interviews with cast and crew.
- Flick View: Interact with the movie, move content from the Tablet to the TV screen, and compare storyboards, animatics, and other executing content by “Flicking” them from on their tablet to their TV screen, simply by gesturing their fingers upwards on their tablets.
- Preparing for Battle – Hear how Hollywood teamed up with the US Navy to transform a beloved board game into a big-screen blockbuster.
- All Hands on Deck: The Cast – Witness the actors getting into the military mindset and Navy veterans having their time in the spotlight in this salute to the people at the heart of the story.
- Engage in Battle
- Shooting at Sea – Experience thecrew taking on the daunting challenge of shooting on the open ocean on their “soundstage at sea.”
- All Aboard the Fleet – Cast and crew members share their experiences shooting on the ships, particularly the historic USS Missouri.
- Digital Copy
Click here to pre-order Battleship on Blu-ray for $24.99 at Amazon.com, 29% off the $34.98 list price.