Tousled hair and minimal makeup keep Brooklyn looking fresh and natural, but with definite sex appeal!
Celebrity makeup artist Elizabeth Ulloa and celebrity hairstylist Charles Baker Strahan tell YOU how they did Brooklyn Decker‘s looks from the July 13 ESPY Awards. Follow along with their guides to get her makeup and hairstyle!
Here’s how Elizabeth did Brooklyn’s makeup:
- “I did a bronzy metallic eye to enhance her beautiful blue eyes and kept her skin dewey and natural with a pop of pink bronzy blush.”
- “I used a lip stain for a bitten sexy look and then did a double coat of mascara to create a fluffy lashes that are sexy and demure.”
- “Lastly, I set her overall makeup look with a makeup finishing spray to help the makeup last and stay fresh!”
To create Brooklyn’s hairstyle, here’s what Charles did:
- “With Brooklyn, we started on second-day hair, which is typically better with short hair as it prevents it from looking too mature.”
- “Using hairspray, I grabbed random pieces of hair, twisted them and flat-ironed the twists. This creates a slightly rougher wave texture.”
- “I then back combed the root of the hair at the crown to give volume and pinned it back to create structure and lift around the crown of the head.”
- “Using a 1 1/4” curling iron, I created a wave with the shorter pieces around the face to give a feminine, yet tough look. I then finished off the overall look with a little bit of the hairspray!”
Simple, yet stylish! I love that Elizabeth used a setting spray for Brooklyn’s makeup. It’s just unrealistic to make it through an entire red carpet event without getting greasy, especially in the summer months, and a setting spray will keep your makeup in place without melting off! I love Urban Decay’s All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray To Go. It’s small enough to fit in a purse or clutch to bring with you for touch-ups and your makeup won’t budge.
I’m glad that Charles recommends starting with second day hair. That’s such a great tip for short-haired girls to get a fun, flirty texture for a night out!